Beachbody Insanity Nutrition Guide
As you’re probably aware, Insanity is an intense workout program that gets in you shape fast! Apart from exercise, the other half of the program involves your nutrition. Today, I would like to share with you my Beachbody Insanity Review of the workout nutrition guide that comes with the Insanity program. This guide is part of Shaun T’s Insanity workout and I’m really glad they added it. The idea behind the nutrition guide is very basic, which I’m sure you will agree works with your body so that you will achieve the best results in the shortest time possible. I have found that the combination of the workouts and the nutrition plan makes the whole program really effective.
The Insanity Workout Nutrition guide is essentially two parts: The first 30 days (month 1) and the second 30 days (month 2). In the nutrition plan you will find that you are asked to eat five meals per day. This means that you will roughly eat something every 2-4 hours. There is good reason for this. The science suggests that eating often and regularly gets your body burning fat. So the more often you eat, the more often your body will work like a furnace and burn away fat (in combination with the Beachbody Insanity work outs).
In total there are 50 meal recipes in the nutrition plan, so you have lots of choices. Found below is some basic information about the plan for month one and month two.
First Month (Days 0-30)
Most meals will consist of roughly 300 calories. However, if you find that you need more calories, there are directions on how to increase one meal 100-200 more calories. These additional calories are described as ‘food blocks’ in the Beachbody Insanity nutrition guide. It suggests that there will be times when your body is craving additional energy, so you can use these ‘food blocks’ to increase your caloric intake in the form of a snack.
Second Month (Days 31-60)
In the second month you will definitely eat a lot more! This is because your body’s metabolism will be super charged and it will burn far more calories than before due to the insane workouts you’ve been doing. You are also going to notice that in the second month your body will require additional energy to function properly. So you will add additional calories to help compensate your body. The nutrition guide provides a formula on how to balance your caloric intake based on your body type and workouts. It’s really quite simple to follow.
Here is a sneak peek at seven (7) of the delicious recipes that you can expect from the Insanity nutrition plan. I will be honest and tell you that each one of these are very tasty. If you are used to fast food, then it may take some time. But trust me, this food is fresh, and you will in very short time realize the benefits by feeling much better about yourself. Each meal takes between 7-20 minutes to prepare, which is pretty good for eating healthy.
RECIPE: PROTEIN PANCAKE
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup instant oatmeal
- Combine ingredients with a few spoonfuls of water. Mix together well, and then cook one large pancake on a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Nutrition Breakdown: 313 calories, 31 grams protein, 27 grams carbohydrate, 8 grams fat, 5 grams fiber
RECIPE: BERRY PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
- 1-1/2 scoops protein powder
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries (your choice)
- 1 cup skim, almond, rice, or soy milk and ice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and enjoy.
- Nutrition Breakdown: 306 calories, 36 grams protein, 36 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fat, 3.5 grams fiber
RECIPE: INSANITY SPECIAL SANDWICH NUT BUTTER AND JELLY
- 1 slice whole-grain bread
- 1 tbsp. all-natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tbsp. all-fruit preserves or 1/4 sliced banana
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1%
- Make half of a nut butter and jelly sandwich. Try serving with some cottage cheese.
- Nutrition Breakdown: 289 calories, 22 grams protein, 29 grams carbohydrate, 11 grams fat, 4 grams fiber
RECIPE : TURKEY BLT
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- Sliced tomato
- 1 fresh pear
- Make a sandwich of first 4 ingredients and serve with a fresh pear.
- Nutrition Breakdown: 293 calories, 13 grams protein, 46 grams carbohydrate, 9 grams fat, 8 grams fiber
RECIPE: VEGGIE OMELET
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- Mushrooms and/or onions to taste
- 1 slice whole-grain wheat toast
- 1 tbsp. all-fruit preserves
- In a non-stick pan coated with cooking spray, make an egg omelet with 2 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites, sauteed mushrooms and/or onions, and serve with 1 slice of whole-grain wheat toast topped with 1 tbsp. of all-fruit preserves.
- Nutrition Breakdown: 301 calories, 24 grams protein, 25 grams carbohydrate, 11 grams fat, 3 grams fiber
RECIPE: STEAK WITH BROCCOLI
- 3 to 4 oz. flank steak, filet mignon, or sirloin
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper for taste
- 1 small baked potato
- Dijon mustard
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- Lemon juice for taste
- Brush steak with olive oil and sprinkle with some sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Grill or broil steak on both sides for 5-7 minutes, or until desired. Serve steak with a small baked potato topped with country Dijon mustard and steamed broccoli topped with fresh lemon juice.
- Nutrition Breakdown: 304 calories, 30 grams protein, 33 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams fat, 7.5 grams fiber
RECIPE : TURKEY CHILI
- 1 cup turkey or veggie chili (homemade or store-bought)
- Mixed greens
- 2 egg whites, hard-boiled
- Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Serve chili with a mixed green salad topped with 2 hard boiled egg whites and dressed with oil and vinegar.
- Nutrition Breakdown: 310 calories, 23 grams protein, 30 carbohydrate, 10 grams fat, 7 grams fiber
Insanity Workout Review – Nutrition Final Thoughts
There you have it, my Beachbody Insanity review of the nutrition plan that is included in the program. I hope you found this review helpful. I can say that each meal is really good and healthy and it has helped me get back into shape very quickly! Learn more about the Beachbody insanity program in this blog.