Beach Body Insanity Scam?
Hi Lisa here…
You may be wondering if the Beach Body workout program is a scam? Well I’m here to tell you in my BeachBody Insanity review that this is probably one the best and toughest workouts on the market today. I can say this because I have tried many programs, including Tony Horton’s P90x. In my opinion, Shaun T’s Insanity really conditions your body from top to bottom. Believe me, I am a mother of two and if I can do it, so can you!
There is a reason why they call the Beach body workout program ‘Insanity’. Trust me when I say that this stuff is intense. You see, the secret to Shaun T’s work out is that he utilizes a system called Max Interval Training. In this type of fitness training you will be working out at your maximum exercise rate and taking very short breaks. Over the course of 30-55 minutes you will be tested to your maximum potential. Your body will take some time to adjust and just when it does, the Insanity work out program changes so that you work a new muscle group with greater intensity. This is really good as your body will develop lean muscle. I really like the challenging exercises.
Here is my favorite exercise routine found in the Beach Body Insanity program:
- Core Cardio and Balance (DVD #7 – 38 minute workout)
In this workout you will be exercising for about 38 minutes including warm up/down. This fitness routine typically starts in the second month and I think it’s one of the better exercise workouts.
The workout starts with a 7 minute warm-up which includes 6 one-minute exercises and a mini water break:
Exercise 1: Hell Switch Kicks (sort of like a slow jump rope motion)
Exercise 2: Mummy Kicks
Exercise 3: Football Shuffle (Side to side)
Exercise 4: Over the Log (Run on spot, jump, and then run on spot)
Exercise 5: 8 High Knees/8 Power Jacks
Exercise 6: 8 Fast Feet/8 Hooks
Immediately after the warm-up is a stretch routine. The stretching lasts for about five minutes and after you can have a quick water break. When the water break is over, you will notice that there is still 26 minutes remaining on the Insanity workout DVD. Well, this is where the real fun starts…
The real cardio work out begins for almost the remainder of the DVD (this fitness routine is similar to some others on the market like the P90X and Tony Horton’s One on One but personally I like this one better).
As the exercises begin you will hear Shaun T provide an overview about each move that you need to perform. You get about 20 seconds to learn them before really pumping it up. Here is a sample of some of the exercises over the next 20 or so minutes:
- Ski Hops (Jump 4 hops to the left, and then 4 back to the right, repeat)
- Hit the Floor (Pick up speed about half-way through)
- Level 1 Drills (4 push ups, 8 run in place, repeat)
- Heisman (Pick up speed about halfway through)
- 8 Switch Kicks/8 Hop Squats
- High Jumps (Standing stationary, jumping as high as you can each jump)
- Moving Plank Walk (in a push up stance, walking to the left, maintaining plank, then back again, repeat)
- 8 Elbows/4 Suicide Drills
- 4 – 4 Hops (on one leg, one knee up, hop 4 times, jump over, and repeat on the other leg)
- 8 Jabs/Jumps & Turn/8 Jabs
Beach Body Insanity is real!
Now, just when you think you are done…there’s still about 6 minutes left. You’re almost there…the next few exercises go as follows:
- Hip Flex Burners. This exercise really does what is says, burns your hips. Essentially, you will raise you knees to your waist and bring it back down to the ground repeating the process. Next you do the same thing but then add some kicks to the routine. This is done for about 30 seconds and it works the abs and hips really well! After that great work you get another mini water rest.
- Oblique Knee Lifts. To do this exercise, simply keep your arms up and raise your knees out to the side. You will work each side for about 30-40 seconds each.
- Shoulder Burners. To do this exercise, you will perform a squat with you knees pointed out wide. Your arms will be straight out and you will move them out and in and then straight out and in circles.
Once you finish these 3 exercises you are now in the cool down which takes about 3 minutes. Congrats, your survived the Core Cardio DVD.
As I mentioned before, I like this workout because it really is intense and is a full cardio workout. Yes, you may be very sore for the next several days but I say that it’s worth it. Remember to stick to your nutrition plan when you do these workouts to achieve your maximum potential.
Thanks for taking the time to see if the Beach Body insanity workout program is a scam. As you can probably tell from the routine described above, this is the real deal! I urge you to take the Beach Body Insanity challenge.